It's Year Four for ICD-10-CM and the good news is, there are fewer changes than in 2018. In this training presentation Lisa Selman-Holman takes you through the 2019 code set changes and weaves through the guidance and codes to ensure you are trained on what applies to your agency and coding practice. With your shiny new 2019 Coding Manualand this online training program, you will have the tools and the knowledge to apply changed codes and guidelines. And because this presentation was recorded just two days after attending the 2019 Coding Clinic, Lisa also includes current Coding Clinic Updates!
At the conclusion of this training, existing coders competent in ICD-10-CM will be able to:
- Identify New & Revised Codes
- Identify changed Guidance/Guidelines
- Explain how to incorporate changes into practice
- NURSE CE
- 1.0 Contact Hr, Continuing Education for Nurses
- Nurse CE credit awarded by this program is valid when completed by 9/30/2019.
- BMSC-Approved CE [Board of Medical Specialty Coding & Compliance]
- 1.0 Contact Hr, Continuing Education for HCS-D or HCS-H
- BMSC CE credit awarded by this program is valid when completed by 9/30/2019.
Nurse CE Accreditation Statement:
Selman-Holman & Associates, LLC is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association - Approver, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The RN will gain knowledge of 2019 ICD-10-CM coding changes, ensuring coding accuracy and compliance with regulations and coding guidelines.
Learning Outcome Statement:
Participants/coders competent in ICD-10-CM will be able to identify new & revised codes, changed guidance/coding guidelines, explain how to incorporate changes into practice and will indicate an intent to change practice on their post-activity evaluation tool.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
To receive credit for this continuing nursing education activity, the participant must:
- view each program segment in its entirety
- complete the evaluation
Upon successful completion, a “Certificate of Successful Completion” will be awarded for 1.0 contact hours.
Expiration Date: This program awards CNE until 09/30/2019.
Individual Subscription Type - Duration Option & Fee:
Individual subscriptions allow:
- access to the registered user
- access to the training 24/7 from home and office
- access and viewing an unlimited number of times during the subscription period
- multiple test attempts allowed until successfully tested